Have you been asked to update your newsletter at work and want to understand your software?
Does your work need to appear professional?
Are you an artist looking to explore the full potential of digital imaging?
- One-to-one tutorials customised to your own level of expertise and pace.
- Understanding your interface – tools, menus and keyboard shortcuts.
- Work flow – what’s in between the original idea and the final result.
- Creating aesthetically pleasing and readable designs.
- Preparing documents for print or the web.
- Typography, images and vector lines – how they work and how to use them.
- What to do and what not to do – avoiding common mistakes.
- File formats, folder organisation and naming – what they do, where they go and what to call them.
- Working between applications – exploring the relationships between the applications and using them to the greatest effect.
- Problem solving – how and where to find a solution.
- 3D sketchup modelling, texturing and exporting.
If this sounds like what you need please [enkode]email Hugh[/enkode] with a description of the tuition you need, what software you are using and whether you are working on your own/work computer. I’ll let you know if I can help and we’ll arrange a meeting.
My fees are £20 per hour, with a concessionary rate of £16 per hour if you are a student, over 65, or if you are on a low income.
“Hugh is an excellent teacher. He walks you slowly through the process of teaching (in my case sketch up ) and then throws you in the deep end to see if you can swim….after a bit of splashing it worked”
“Hugh tailor made our training session to suit my skill level and helped me to meet my work deadline. He helped with the creative side of design; offering ideas and artistic techniques at the same time as leaving me feeling confident to go on and work independently on a daily basis. When I have had the odd query after the training, Hugh has been happy to help. The training was good value and I would highly recommend it.”
Laura, communications coordinator.